Friday, February 22, 2008

Plastic Forks and Bags

Last night we had our monthly dinner to Sam Won's Korean Restaurant in Oakland. At the conclusion of our meal, I took the unused plastic forks that the waitresses place on our dinner table (for the kids) back into the take-out utensils container. The waitresses smiled at me and thanked me.

Today at Quiznos, I ordered a chicken sandwich (I ran out of bread at home) to go. When my order was ready, the clerk offered me both a paper bag and a napkin, which I politely declined. The owner of the store, Howard, came up to me and thanked me.

Signed,

The Real No Impact Man (a.k.a. Low Impact Man)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi James, I just found your blog. I hope you post more because I really enjoy your "going green" posts. I'm really inspired! I was thinking about taking some ceramic plates to the cafeteria when I order food at work. This is so they can serve me using the plate instead styrofoam. Hopefully it'll catch on and they won't need to use styrofoam anymore.